Highlights of Railsconf 2010 in Baltimore for me:
- the keynote by Yehuda Katz, where everyone left wide-eyed and energized – great speaking. basically, most keynotes were interesting (Gary Vee gets my vote in the impro category). The Youtube channel is here
- Async & Cooperative Web Servers with Ruby 1.9 by Ilya Grigorik, encouraging Rails to go in the evented direction, pointing to the success of node.js
- Ruby on Rails: Tasty Burgers talk by Aaron Patterson, with some clever ruby examples
- Garbage Collection and the Ruby Heap, where Joe Damato explained how they implemented memprof
- Bohconf, the unconference organized by the Baltimore Ruby User Group.
- The evenings at the pub with many people :)
And I regret missing many other great talk.
My talk went well. I feared to have an audience of 2, because of competition with some great names on other tracks, but I still had a decent size of group in front of me. Enjoyable experience, and a good opportunity to meet the US rubyists.